OEM 1.6 to 2.1 upgrade

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: 2000/05/16

 I have just received the CDs to upgrade my OEM from 1.6 to 2.1, and am looking for the best method of wiping away the 1.6 installation. We have 8.0.5.x databases on 6 different NT servers. I have brought up the installer on the first of them to see what OEM components were currently installed and could be removed, but didn’t get a warm fuzzy feeling that it would get everything. In particular, I’m not sure about the Oracle SNMP agents. So, what is the procedure for completely removing all traces of the 1.6 OEM package, before installing the 2.1 OEM?

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.