Re: Newbie: How to create multiple instances on same server

From: Michael VanTyne <mvt_at_xmission.com>
Date: 2000/05/16

On Solaris 2.6, the "selected" instance is controlled by the environment variable ORACLE_SID. Logged in as the Oracle user, type SET to see the current environmental variable settings. To change the Oracle-specific variables, run . oraenv (include the dot) and it will prompt you for a different ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME (if necessary). You can then control the new SID (instance) and run things like SVRMGRL and so on. Works great! Good Luck

Regards,

Michael VanTyne