Re: ASP & Oracle very slow

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2000/05/16

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>you are right about MTS locking you into Microsoft. However don't ASP pages
>also lock you into IIS?

Of course it does, which is why I am currently using Delphi on NT for doing the dynamic web content side of things (like dunamic graphs and table from Oracle data).

This means that I have at least a choice of web servers for doing this on NT (the platform chosen for this web system) and it allows me a bit more flexibility than ASP.

ASP or IIS are not bad per se - however, when someone walks down that road they should know that Microsoft is owner and paving the way. I prefer a more open approach which gives me the choice of what to drive and at what speed, on such a road.. ;-)

Billy Received on Tue May 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT