Re: Discussion on Login/Passwords with Unix Shell Scripts

From: Razer99 <razer99_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/05/16

Are you sure 'ps' allows you to look at someones environment?

I know it can see the executation line (ie the arguments) to the program..

I looked at the 'man' pages and could not find the ability to look at ones environment.

I would agree with you, if they passed the the login/password on the command line, then it is open for all to see.

rick Received on Tue May 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT