Re: Oracle... LONG Datatype

From: <bhagyeshmk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/15

In article <8fhilt$g2a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <8fhfdj$bvq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> bhagyeshmk_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I am trying to store a XML string which is more than 1000 characters
> > long and it includes characters like =",\/:;"". When I try to insert
> > it, gets an error ORA-01704 "String literal too long". Can someone
 help
> > me with this? I tried LONG RAW, CLOB and NCLOB... all failed.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> I do not know XML but my guess is that you want to send comma,
> backslash, colon, semi-colon, and double quote. Under the assumption
> that XML strings are enclosed in double quotes then you probably need
> another double quote at the end of the string because the back to back
> double quotes are probably being interpreted as a single double quote
> hence XML is still reading past where you intended it to stop.
>
> --
> Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
> you follow so follow your own advice --
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I tried it with double quotes at both ends and it doesn't work. The problem is I can't insert a string with more than 4000 characters. Upto 4000 it works just fine. I want to insert string of more than 9000 characters. I am king of stuck with this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT