can a read-only cursor be changed to update

From: <edwastrodowski_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/15

Our app is sometimes at random not updating a column in a table; one user report something about seing a 'read only' message. So I look at the Embedded SQL (pro*Cobol) stuff, and I notice that the same cursor name is being used in several places, and also in the 'for update' paragraph. I searched the Oracle Docs on the Cursor definition, and all I could find was that ..'an explicitly defined cursor keeps its name, but can be re-declared for differing parameters...' etc. Does anyone know if the 'read only' cursor can also be changed to a 'for update' ?

Thanks
Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT