Re: Help: user create database command

From: Job <Job_at_pestilence.net>
Date: 2000/05/15

Fcs2635 wrote:

> I am reading Oracle8, beginning's guide. On the section to create another
> database, they provide the following sequence.
>
> SVRMGR>connect internal
> SVRMGR>spool scratch.log
> SVRMGR>set echo on
> SVRMGR>startup nomount pfile=d:\orant\database\initprac.ora
> SVRMGR>create database prac
> 2 datafile 'd:\orant\database\dbs1prac.dbf' size 10m
> 3 logfile 'd:\orant\database\log1prac.dbf',
> 'd:\orant\database\log2prac.dbf' size 200k
> 4 maxlogfiles.......
> statement processed.
>
> The problem is, when i type: connect internal, the database ask me for my
> password, when I type oracle, the database log me to another database, which
> is the default database, ORCL, and when you try to create database, you get an
> error message that the database is mounted by another instance.
> If you type the password with some other word, you will get an error message
> that the logon fail. There must be something wrong with their instruction,
> could someone help me out how to create a database using command line?
>
> Thank you very much.

Check ORacle metalink for
CONNECT INTERNAL PASSWORD
issues. There is a document
which explains the errors that
make the system prompt for the
password. First check $ORACLE_HOME
and $ORACLE_SID are correct in
login profile.
Check that your os user is a member
of group dba.
&c, &c.
HTH Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT