Re: ORA-12560 ERROR

From: <it_design_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/15

Hi,
I have a similar problem. SQL*Plus on the server machine ( NT-Pack 5) connects without problems, but neither Win 95/98 or NT Clients can connect. Error is always ORA-12560. After formatting hard drives on the NT server and complete reinstalation of Oracle 8i 8.1.5, the problem still persists. I am positive that I have not had this problem awhile ago.
Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this.

Tnanks,
Sinisa

In article <8dqj5m$8bl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   marc bautis <bautisma_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an oracle 8i server on an NT machine, and I am trying to
 connect
> to it through SQL Plus on the same machine. When I try to connect I
> get a
> ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error. I checked the documentation and
> it does not contain information regarding that error. Does anyone
 know
> what the error means?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT