Re: Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: <ammar_aganovic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/14

In article <8fjt87$mjj_at_journal.concentric.net>,   "gabriel" <gabriel_at_kabah.com> wrote:
> > too much for a product I didn't know I wanted it - but downloading a
> > 275MB file with a 3-4 Kb/sec link is not really what I call a smart
> > move. We all know how cheap it is to install mirror sites -
 especcially

> For what it is worth, I get much faster speeds than 3-4K! I almost
 always
> get from about 50KBps to 120KBps (I have a 1.5 mbps DSL line), the
 slowest I
> have gotten is 12KBps on the mad rush to get O8iR2 for Linux.

Well that's the point of mirror sites. We in Europe have to live with 3- 4 kbs, so it would be a ggod idea to provide us with a mirror site. Not only have I not been able to download the 8i, but Oracle probably thinks I downloaded it 5-6 times (that's the numbe rof attempts I've made so far).
regards,
Ammar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun May 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT