Oracle8iR2 on FreeBSD

From: John Northrop <jan7_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: 2000/05/13

I installed Oracle8iR2 for linux on Mandrake 7.0 and then copied the installed distribution over to FreeBSD 4.0. I can start, mount and open the database. For now it seems to function OK but I keep getting the following error message:

 /kernel: linux: syscall pwrite is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=1266)
last message repeated 30 times

/kernel: linux: syscall pread is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=1272)

last message repeated 65 times

pid 1266 is dbw0
pid 1272 is smon

any ideas would be appreciated.

John Received on Sat May 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT