Re: Is there Intelligent Agent on Linux?

From: Andreas Stephan <nospam.as.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/05/12

Hi Brian,

the intelligent agent is started using lsnrctl in every unix port I know. $lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

But you need it only if you want to monitor your database. For normal administration using OEM it will be enough to configure the database maually. OEM 2.x asks if you want to configure manually if it finds no agent. Then
you can type in the alias, port and SID and you can connect and use nearly all OEM Tools. Sorry no jobs since these need the agent to run.

Andy