Redundant Replicated Systems???

From: <slhuffst_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

I have been posed a question to which I have been unable to locate an answer. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have been asked to identify a method to configure a system with the following qualities:

  1. 2 pairs of replicated databases ( System 1 ( Server A & B replicated), System 2 (Server C& D replicated) ( System 1B replicated to System2D) 2) The ability to take one System offline - modify the Stucture of the Database - while keeping the second system up and running.

For instance:
 System1 - taken offline
 System 2 - continues transaction processing

 System 1 - modify database structure
 System 1 - bring online (somehow)

 System 2 - propogate data mods to System 1  System 1 - progagate db structure changes to System2

The order of this is not important - as long as the system is never completely down.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

S. Seymour

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT