Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: <ammar_aganovic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

I spent hours yesterday trying to download the Oracle 8i server & documentation, and figure out the prices. I had to abort the download process (due to the inappropriate mirroring politics of Oracle), but I didn't figure the license policy either. I did get the thing about licesing according to MHz & all the RISC factors... but I got lost in trying to find out if there was some evalutation server for linux (single server) that I could use (I need it for education purposes only).
Is the copy of the Linux 8i version free or not? When I download it, do I have to enter some keys? Do I have to order a trial key? Is enterprise version also free? Is anything free? :) Ammar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT