Re: How to return a result set from a stored proc?

From: Christian BRUNO <brunoc_at_ifrance.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

try this (code has not been tested!! maybe syntax problems) :

create or replace package MYPACK as
type MYTYPE is ref cursor;
procedure MYPROC( result IN OUT MYTYPE, other parameters... ); end;

create or replace procedure MYPROC( result IN OUT MYTYPE, other parameters... )
as
open result for select * from whatyouwant; end

from ODBC, for example, call
--> SQLExecDirect -> "{call MYPACK.MYPROC( parameters but NOT THE FIRST ) }" if you do not use ODBC, you will certainly have to give the cursor as first parameter

HTH
Christian