How to return a result set from a stored proc?

From: Alexander Jerusalem <ajeru_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Hi,

The subject basically says it all. I switched to Oracle from SQL-  In SQL-Server I could return a result set to the calling program from a stored procedure just by executing a sql statement. The same doesn't work in Oracle though. Following is my guess, which is not working:

create or replace procedure (id in number) as begin

   select a, b, c from test where testId = id; end;

Any hint would be very much appreciated.

--
Alexander Jerusalem
VKN

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/