Re: Oracle 8i and Solaris 8 issues

From: Paul Schluck <paul_at_schluck.myweb.nl>
Date: 2000/05/11

Another problem I think could be that when you use the regular Unix account, there is no ORACLE_SID environment variable defined. Since you use SQL*Plus without a SQL*Net or Net8 connect string, Oracle looks at the value of this variable to determine to which database you want to connect.

To verify this, log on to Unix with your Oracle account and check if for this account the ORACLE_SID variable has a value $ echo $ORACLE_SID
If so, try the same for your regular account. Let me know if you find out what the problem was.

Regards,

Paul Schluck,
OCP DBA Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT