Re: NEWBIE quick question

From: Mervyn at ifwdc.com <merv_at_ifwdc.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Shane,

There are a number of logs you can get oracle to generate.

Per user process logs, sqlnet connect logs and database "alert type" logs.

If you look in the init<sid name>.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory, it should have these destinations defined.

What do you hope to find / would like to see? that decides what logs you might want.
Merv.