Re: create new database in Oracle 8i Solaris

From: <buckeye714_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

A create script was probably created when you used the assistant to create the sample database. There should be a create directory at the same level as bdump, cdump, udump, etc. Inside this directory, you will find a couple of files, createdb and createdb1 in my case. You can modify these to point to different directories, use different tablespace names and/or sizes, and most importantly, to specify the correct DB_BLOCK_SIZE for your database. I used to use the assistant until I did it manually once. Doing it manually gives you much more control over things.

HTH,
Patrick

In article <8feup2$47p$1_at_carroll.library.ucla.edu>,   pojpl_at_ais.ucla.edu (Jim Lewis) wrote:
> Well, here's a really dumb question from someone new to Oracle. I
> just installed 8i 8.1.5, including the initial, or sample, database
> but I did not see any selection offered to create a script for the
> database creation. If such a script has been created where would it
> be -- and what is it's file name?
>
> Job <Job_at_pestilence.net> wrote:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT