Re: Oracle export file binary format

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Much of the information about the export file can be viewed by opening it in a hex editor, however, if you are going to build an import tool, it might be worth considering building an export tool as well that uses an xml or sgml format. Then you could use the tools to migrate data between databases as well as load into Oracle.

Such an xml export might also be valuable to load structural information into design tools such as argo/uml if xmi is used as the xml dtd.

Frank Hubeny