Why Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux listens on TCP-sockets without a listner

From: <letindv_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

I installed Oracle 8.0.5 on RedHat 6.2 system. I do not start a listener because all my clients are on the same computer. Nevertheless the oracle background processes listen on TCP sockets. (The command 'netstat -ap' shows it.)
I understand that the background processes should communicate by some other IPC means and there is no need for TCP communication. But I can not find how to stop it.
I would appreciate any advice.

Letin Dmitry.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT