Re: Handling Bad Block

From: Marco Klooster <kloostr_at_boekhuis.nl>
Date: 2000/05/10

ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 13 (block # 54370)

In 100% of the cases I had a bad block, it was in a block of an index segment.

In the trace file you can find the last query using the corrupt block. You can use this query to reproduce your problem.

You can query dba_extents and dba_segments to find the segment holding the corrupt block.

You can also do an analyze table validate structure cascade. If this does not give
satisfying results, try to figure out which segment is holding the bad block by
rewriting your query using optimize hints.

If the bad block is in an index, drop it and recreate it. If it is a table, restore on a different machine and try to save your table.

I hope you'll never have to do this!.

<vasarpota_at_my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:8fc9d0$k2f$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...