Invalid integrity support

From: Evgeny Faddeenkov <fancy_at_nsu.ru>
Date: 2000/05/10

Hello all,

recently, I was impressed by some integrity rules invalidation. You can test it (by a very simple method) on your platform by applying the following code:

    create table tmp1(a number primary key)     create table tmp2(b references tmp1)
<inser records in both tables>

    create index tmp2_b on tmp2(b) REVERSE
<delete records from tmp1>

    select * from tmp2

I tested this example on Sparc Solaris and Linux with 8.0.5.0/ 8.0.5.2.1/ 8.1.5.0 RDBMS. And I saw that I can delete records on the master table without any effect on slave.

So you'll receive an incorrect data integrity!

It work's so only with REVERSE index.

Sincerely yours,

Evgeny Faddeenkov Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT