Re: hot backup recovery

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/05/10

have you tried:

canceling the recovery ?
a restore from a previous "hot" backup set ? a restore from a previous "cold" backup ?

are you sure that the tablespaces were
successfully placed into "backup mode"
before the file system was "dump"ed ?

btw... you should _NOT_ backup the active redo log files as part of your hot backup procedure.

"Martin Cernicka" <martin_at_surfeu.com> wrote in message news:391A1D11.4D919AA8_at_surfeu.com...

> I am having a serious problem restoring our database from
 backup.

> Here is the scenario. Oracle is 8.0.5, Linux, backups are done
 nightly
> as a filesystem mirror with the Linux 'dump' utility. Database
 is in
> redo archive mode and I am backing up everything - datafiles,
 control
> files, redo logs and archive.
>
> I accidentaly deleted everything. OK, got my nerves back and
 restored
> all the files from tape. Oracle didn't start and after the db
 mount the
> log file says:
>
> Thread 1 opened at log sequence 27158
> Current log# 2 seq# 27158 mem# 0:
> /disk2/oracle/oradata/surfeu/redosurfeu02.log
> Successful open of redo thread 1.
> Wed May 10 20:14:51 2000
> SMON: enabling cache recovery
> SMON: enabling tx recovery
> Wed May 10 20:14:51 2000
> Errors in file

 /disk2/oracle/admin/surfeu/bdump/smon_surfeu_2157.trc:
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4146], [32734],
 [32613], [],

> Trying to recover the database manually didn't help - the
 latest redo