Re: Parallel query option

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/05/09

Hi Ed,

first what database version do you work with? Do you have multiple processors? If you don't you probably won't benefit from parallel query
Is the data spread on different disks? If it isn't the disk spindle can't read two places on disk at the same time so you won't benefit here either.

There are some views ( V$PQ_SYSSTAT , V$PQ_SESSTAT, V$PQ_SLAVE) where you can notice activity.
Check V$OPTION if parallel query is true.

Make sure you are doing full table-scans because else the cost based optimizer would probably not choose to do a parallel query. This doesnt mean you must force full table-scans but if it isn't doning a full table scan it won't use PQO.

Greetings,

John

Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8f9pic$rhm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...