Re: create new database in Oracle 8i Solaris

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/05/09

Hi,

I don't really know what you mean but if the question is how to create a new database using a telnet interface then I might have a solution. You could try running an X-windows application like reflection X then telnet to your database server as oracle, set the DISPLAY value (I don't know how it's done on solaris, on hp it is: export DISPLAY=client-ipadress:0.0)
wher client ipadress is the ipadress of your client running reflection X.

You must set this variable otherwise the solaris shell doesn't know where to print the java interface. when you have done this you now can run dbassist on command prompt. A java interface will appear on your screen (database assistant).

The assistant will lead you through the process.

Greetings,

John

Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com> schreef in berichtnieuws vpmghskbdgj602qa185hkgd0dev496qj1e_at_4ax.com...