Re: Replication in Oracle 8.1.5

From: Kelvin Kirkland <kkirklnd_at_ican.net>
Date: 2000/05/09

On Tue, 09 May 2000 19:48:26 GMT, sreedhar <swarsree_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

Sequences CANNOT BE REPLICATED. You could choose Synchronous multimaster replication which will give you in sync databases....of course you can achieve the same thing with triggers without ever using replication. If you choose synchronous replication both boxes must ALWAYS be available. If one "disappears" the other will not allow transactions to occur, for this reason most people choose Asynchronous multimaster and set the push time to a small number to simulate near real time

Standby database, as is suggested by Sybrand Bakker, will be a better choice for you I think

Hope this helps

Kelvin Kirkland