Re: 64bit Oracle

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/05/09

"Roger Jackson" <rjackson_at_wire.net.au> wrote in message news:8f8qj5$ape$1_at_news1.wire.net.au...
> Kok,
>
> Anyone know the differences between 32bit Oracle and 64bit
 Oracle?
> With 64bit Oracle software you can have the following.
> 1. The SGA can be larger than 2GB.
> 2. The datafiles can be larger than 2GB.
>
> You can have 64bit and 32bit Oracle software (separate Oracle
 homes) on the
> same machine providing the OS is 64bit. eg. HP-UX 11.00
>
> No a 32bit database doesn't work on 64bit Oracle software you
 need a
> separate Oracle home.
>
> Other people may have some suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger.
>

> "Heng, Kok Seong" <kokseong_at_hpsgns1.sgp.hp.com> wrote in
 message
> > Anyone know the differences between 32bit Oracle and 64bit
 Oracle? Can
> > I have both 32bit and 64bit version installed in the same
 machine? Will
> > 32bit database works on 64bit Oracle?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kok Seong

Subject: Oracle 8.0.6 32 bit versus 64 bit Oracle 8.0.6 32 bit versus 64 bit

Hi,

I am trying to find information on Oracle 8.0.6 32 bit versus 64 bit.
I am interested in knowing the advantages, disadvantages, known problems, and Oracle's recommendation about each. We are using HP-UX 11.0 64 bit operating system. I have heard that
the 64 bit versions of Oracle are somewhat buggy and to avoid their
use for now. I would like Oracle to comment on this and provide supporting documentation.

Thank You,

From: Oracle, Lana Chou 21-Dec-99 20:58
Subject: Re : Oracle 8.0.6 32 bit versus 64 bit

I apologize for the delay in responding to your message, as we have received an unexpectedly high volume of forum messages.

It does not appear that v8.0.6 is available for the hp.ux 64 bit.

Sincerely,
Lana