Re: Designing the perfect system

From: Big Al <db-guru_at_att.net>
Date: 2000/05/09

Your question is a too open ended for a newsgroup. I currently support 3 production SAP systems between 600 GB and 800 GB each along with 10 other test and QA SAP systems. When we started the SAP installation 4 years ago we would have never predicted the current environment and we have gone through numerous changes in the hardware. There are too many variables to even attempt an answer to your question. Try getting an SAP BASIS/hardware expert in for a meeting and you may learn the right questions to ask the application owners before you try and build a configuration.