Pb to create a database (Linux - oracle)

From: patrick krebs <patrick.krebs_at_swissquote.ch>
Date: 2000/05/08

I work under Linux (Red Hat 6.2) and I wanted to install Oracle 8.1.5 for Linux.

I can execute the installation but the problem is when I run dbassist and I specify the features of the my new database. The following message is displayed during the database creation process :

     ORA-12545
     Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

And after this one, I get this message :

     unable to connct to ORACLE

Can you help me please !!! Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT