DNP -- I'm with you

From: Nikita <Nikita_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

I got flammed pretty badly awhile back on the Informix group too. (I am being forced to manage an Informix Database, and was poking around).

Someone posted an Oracle question, and all of the answers came back...
"you should switch to Informix."

I basically asked why in the world anyone would want to do that ? :-)) Of course I started this huge thread.

They like to post a lot of false info in that group (about what Informix can do and Oracle can't, why Oracle's engine is clunky etc. (which they probably wouldn't even be able to defend) , because as one person stated

"we are attacking their livlihood" . Guess they are running scared
because Informix
rarely gets mentioned in the Database world anymore. Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT