SQL*Plus Worksheet 2.1 (oracle 8i)

From: JSI FundRaising R&D Group <mjames_at_jsifrs.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

Problems using SQL*Plus Worksheet

With Oracle 8.1.6 we loaded the new Enterprise Manager and Tools. We have used Oracle 7.x and Oracle 8.x on an NT Platform for a number of years. We do development work for clients who actually use the databases. I have been using the old SQL Worksheet for all Query jobs including trigger creation from txt files. Now we are trying to get familiar with Oracle 8i (8.1.6), we have clients wanting to use it. I try to use SQL*Plus Worksheet and it doesn't seem to ever do anything. I open one of the create trigger text files hit execute, it highlights the text but nothing happens. I use the menu option to open and execute a local script same thing...

I type in select statements, hit execute nothing happens, no error, no results. What am I doing wrong. I can't find any good documentation on this tool. Oracle Support pointed me toward Chapter 7 in the Enterprise Managers Admin documentation, but it only has 1-2 paragraphs on what the tool is, no how do you use it stuff. Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT