Re: Fetch across commit

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/08

Steve Haynes wrote in message <$RU$SIA4R2E5Ew6+@rwx777.demon.co.uk>...
>In 8.1.6 on NT, I used the example
>in the online docs to illustrate the
>error caused by committing within a for update cursor.
>It didn't error!, wow thought I and raised it
>with support. No response as yet.

I haven't got the 8.1.6 documentationso don't know what it says, but you'll only get "snapshot too old" if your rollback segments are too small, or heavily used so that your committing transaction overwrites committed pre-images.

Your rollback segments may well be large enough to avoid the "snapshot too old" problem". Remember that the "fetch across commit" example I gave (and probably the one in the documentation) only makes the the "snapshot too old" situation a possibility (albeit a likely one), it doesn't *guarantee* that it will occur.

Dave.

--
If you reply to this posting by email, remove the "nospam" from my email
address first.