Re: same sql code, different explain?

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/08

david spaisman wrote in message <7O2R4.2022$Ts4.212209_at_news-east.usenetserver.com>...
>One of the develepors fr our application said he ran explain for sqlcode
>and got different explain output now than he did two weeks ago in
>production.
>
> [snip]
>
>So if it is the exact same code, what would account for different explain
>output?

Did the developer remember to delete the previous information from the plan table (or use a new key)? Did he/she override the optimiser mode set in the init.ora with an "alter session set optimizer_goal" statement?

Just asking the obvious - it sometimes helps.

Dave.

--
If you reply to this posting by email, remove the "nospam" from my email
address first.