Re: Raid and size of datafile(s)

From: Risudi <risudi_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

Armin:
Also keep in mind that if you put one tablespace for each Raid space, that you would want to try to prevent 'fragmenation' by setting your extent sizes the same or as multiples of each other.
I would agree with Spencers general comments, your should be looking at the big picture impact.

My other input would be, seperating your tablespaces(ie having more than one per raid device) out give you one more tool to monitor how much activity is occuring on a tablespace, therby allowing you to spread the activity across your raid drives.

rick Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT