Re: Any help for a new DBA?

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

> Jason Kratz wrote:

> Personally I'd be more concerned with getting experience first
> with Oracle as a DBA vs worrying about the exams.

So are you recommending that people try and possibly fail with Oracle in a real world setting??

Perhaps you should have been more specific.

Experience in a Developmental DBA role is better than book studying, for the beginner.

But book studying is better than experience in Production DBA role, for the beginner.

DNP.