Online (hot) Backup Script Question

From: Mike Adams <mikea_at_best.com>
Date: 2000/05/07

Just wondering what the "Best Practice" is regarding online backup scripts. Most backup scripts I've found are written in a shell scripting language. Is there any reason why I shouldn't write a stored procedure to do the online backups? Is there any issues with running a stored procedure on the very database it's attempting to backup? I assume not since the very point of an online backup is to allow database activity to continue by saving all updates to the transaction logs.

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

Please 'cc' mikea_at_best.com as I am unable to check this newsgroup from work.

Thanks,
Mike Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT