recover backup to another machine

From: david spaisman <davedba_at_advanix.net>
Date: 2000/05/07

Hello:

I support an Oracle 8 application on NT 8.04.

We are planning our backup and recovery strategy.

If I have a cold or hot backup, I would like to know how to recover either one to a different server?

Dos any one know what steps are necessary to do so?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. THanks.

David Spaisman Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT