Remote Access to DB on NT Server

From: Ed & Deanna Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/05/07

I have a Win98 client attempting to log into an 8.1.5 database running on NT Server 4.0. Every time I try to come in via sqlplus, I get "ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process". I can long in from the NT server using the exact same account. Only from a remote client do I have a problem. Is there something I have to do on the server to allow this connection to be made? The tnsnames.ora file is the same on both machines. Also, I can tnsping from the Win98 client without any problems.

TIA
Ed Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT