Re: Oracle 8i Firewall Problem ...

From: NeilC <neil-olops_at_NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
Date: 2000/05/05

Michael,

Put the entry on the server only in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE section
of the registry.

If you are using Multiple Oracle Homes, change to the desired Oracle 8 Home and view the oracle.key file
in ORACLE_HOME\BIN to find which registry key to add USE_SHARED_SOCKET to.

Note that as WINSOCK V2 allows a socket to be shared between multiple processes,
you cannot restart the listener without taking the database down first.

This should work with 07 client, but Must be 8 or 8i server.

The registry entry is ONLY for the 8 or 8i server.

If you are able to, I would recommend that you take the time to configure CMAN,
as this will provide more flexibility and functionality than the USE_SHARED_SOCKET method

Hope this helps

NeilC