Re: Easy Net8 config crashes on some machines..

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 2000/05/04

Shane Lilley <shane.lilley_at_authentic8.com> skrev i artiklen <3911250A.4CE56673_at_authentic8.com>...

> Hi all,
>
> On _some_ machines, when loading "Easy Net8 config" or "Net8
> assistant", java.exe will crash with an exception. We use Oracle EE
> 8.0.5. Has anyone been able to find a work around for this? This occurs
> for seemingly no reason on completely new, clean, NT4 SP5 w/s and server
> machines.
> If no solution, is there another method for setting up service names ?

Edit the file orant\net80\admin\tnsnames.ora yourself. Net8 Easy Config is simply a GUI interface to this file.
Tnsnames.ora already contains several example entrys. Remember to configure tnsnames.ora both on server and client machines and listener.ora on the server.

/Peter Laursen Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT