Q: PPersonal Oracle 8.1.5 and Bequeath-Protocoll

From: Stefan Misch <stefan.misch_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/05/04

Hi Oracle Experts !

Why is the BEQUEATH-Protocoll no longer included in Personal Oracle 8i (8.1.5) ?

Is there an additional installation option (I just did a "typical" installation) in the customized inst. option ?

Am I correct that now I have to use TCP/IP to connect to "localhost" or IPC. Both protocolls asume that you have the listner for these protocolls running. But why waste system resources for the listner, when BEQUEATH was able to connect to PO8 (8.0.4) without a listner and it was much faster than routing all SQL-stuff through the listner...

And why is the listner not startet by default? I just found the entry in the registry by hazard...

Thanks for any info !
Stefan. Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT