Re: problem with view

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/04

In article <3911954F.93565111_at_pestilence.net>,   Job <Job_at_pestilence.net> wrote:
> daud11_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Problem description:
> > I created a view MyView under schema userA. MyView is created from
> > tables own by other users. Before I created MyView, I got each of
 the
> > owner of the tables to grant 'select with grant option' to userA.
> >
> > While connected as userA, I grant select on MyView to userB.
> >
> > And here is the problem:
> > connected as userA:
> > select count(*) from MyView - return a number of rows
> >
> > connected as userB:
> > select count(*) from userA.MyView - return 0 rows.
> >
> > Anybody knows what should I check or where I could have gone wrong.
> >

> UserB also needs the 'select with grant option'

I do not think user B would need the grant option. Since he did not get an ORA-00942 table or view does not exist error user B found the view. The view just returned no rows which means I think we need to see the view code to understand what it is trying to do and weather it contains the user psuedo column or any other functions that would limit our result set.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.