Many Dr Watsons after installing OEM on NT 4.0 service pack 6

From: Fernando Mendoza <mendozaf_at_attens.com>
Date: 2000/05/04

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced Dr Watson errors after attempting to install Enterprise Manager. I have a small network at home (3 NT 4.0 machines), I installed Oracle 8.1.5 and OEM on two and all installed fine, I then tried to install OEM on the third and it hung. After I noticed no activity on the HDD I killed the installation. Now, every time I try to log on to this machine a series of Dr Watson errors pop up rendering the machine useless. There is enough Dr Watsons to fill the bottom activity toolbar. I've tried to close all the Dr Watson windows but it takes so long and it seems to generate more as I close some!!!!

The unusual behavior, is that no matter what I try to do on this machine, for example bring up NT explorer, Dr Watsons get generated. I've tried connecting from my other networked machines to try to delete the OEM directory ?!?! but the other machines can't even get to it. It seems that this 3rd machine is so busy generating Dr. Watsons that it doesn't have time to fill requests from other nodes.

The only difference between the broken machine and the other two, is that this particular PC was connected to my cable modem, could it be that when Enterprise Manager was trying to scan the network, it went out and tried to pick up nodes outside my internal network???? Any ideas???

Confused Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT