OS Authentication and ODBC

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

Is anyone using MS Access to front end an Oracle database using Oracle's OS authentication? I finally got all the pieces is place to do a successful OS authenticated logon to the Oracle database, using SQL*Plus. The next step of this particular assignment is to do it from MS Access. Whenever I try to create the link from Access97 to Oracle, the ODBC pops up asking for userid and password. This happens with either the Oracle or the MS supplied ODBC driver. I've been tasked with finding a way to bypass this.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.