Re: Hot backup - when to clear those archived logfiles?

From: Terry <banicki_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

What we do,

-full online backup to disk every night
-followed by a log switch.
-copy the archive logs, backups, init and pwd file to tape every night files.
-then we delete the archive logs that are two days old
That insures that the archive log are written to two tapes. This keeps a copy of all the files need to do a recovery on the hard disk. If we need to go back farther, we have to hit the tapes. Do you have a tape drive?
7x24? What's the cost of an outage? For an hour? For 8 Hours? For a Day?