Re: Redo Log Positioning

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/02

IMO you have no other choice than to place the redologs on one raid 1 disk, and the hard- or software mirror on the other raid 1 disk. As the redolog files are written sequentially there is no performance hit in placing all three on one drive. I usually start with 4 redo log groups, this layout seems less troublesome.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

<rogerxb_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8emjtg$t78$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...