returning a record set from Oracle

From: Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

Greetings, I have a package that has a procedure that returns a record set from a table. I get it to compile okay, I can even execute the procedure okay, however, I do not know how to see the results being returned from the procedure? Below is the method I use to execute the procedure in SQL *Plus Worksheet:

declare
 msg Admin_Package.tinCatId;

 msg1 Admin_Package.tvcName;
 msg2 Admin_Package.tinParentId;
 msg3 Admin_Package.tsdDate ;

 msg4 varchar(255) ;
 begin
 Admin_Package.spAdminCheckCategoryByCatId(100, msg, msg1, msg2, msg3, msg4);
 end;

where msg, msg1, msg2 and msg3 are the output variables defined in the cursor. msg4 is a
standard output variable that simply contains "NOERROR" when the package executes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LF Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT