Re: 7 to 8 upgrade - system views

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/05/02

"Randy Park" <rjpark_at_mindspring.com.nospaam> wrote in message news:8ecjuv$979$1_at_slb2.atl.mindspring.net...
> We are soon upgrading from Oracle7 to Oracle8 on our
> OpenVMS system. I've been told that one application
> that reads several system views will not work on
> Oracle8 because system views have changed.
<snip>

> The following SQL statements worked on Oracle 6 and
> Oracle7 (after the CATALOG6.SQL procedure was performed).

<snip of code using accessible_ views>

This is because the application is written for oracle 6. AFAIK The oracle6 data dictionary views are no longer supported in 8. However It must be worth chasing the developers for a product that runs on a currently supported Oracle platform.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA