Re: import and rollback segments

From: <prasadvadlamani_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

In article <02ce4562.afe90347_at_usw-ex0105-034.remarq.com>,   Karl R. <kreitsch_at_zdnetonebox.com> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I hope Oracle will support in future a 'set transaction use
> Rol...' for the import-util to choos a RSBIG, with commit=Y the
> import will last very long.
> Bye
>
> Karl Reitschuster
> Senior Consultant CSC Ploenzke AG
> Oracle Databases, Implementation, Performance-Tuning
> <!Jesus is Lord!>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Hi Karl,

There are several ways to import the data

  1. If you are importing to a test database where there are no user activities, you can take offline several rollback segments, and force Oracle to write to the onlie rollback segment.
  2. You can increase the next extent for the rollback segment.
  3. You can use the autoextend on for the rollback segment tablespace datafile, by which you would never run out of space. ( If your application writes more that 2gb of data then you have to user commit=y option)
  4. You can user commt=y, which takes a longer time to load
  5. After load, you can estimate the amount of writes in the v$rollstat view to determine the amount of data written.

Thanks

prasas vadlamani Sr.Oracle DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT