Re: import and rollback segments

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/02

<dschl_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8ekq66$vbr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi DB Experts --
>
> I'm trying to port my 8.0.5 database using exp and imp.
> While importing, I get the "failed to extend rollback"
> error. Each time I run it, I get a different RBS that
> failed to extend. I have plenty of RBS space available. How
> do I get imp to use it?
>
> Is there a way to import without saving rollback info?
>
> Why is there so little documentation on imp and exp? :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -David
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Without you posting the _exact_ error, no one will be able to resolve that specific problem. Most likely you simply reach max extents on your rollback segments, if you really have plenty of space available.

There is no way to import without saving rollback info, the usual solution is to run with commit=y

The documentation assumes some knowledge of Oracle, plus the ability to read, there's nothing wrong with it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT